Blockchain – the technology underpinning smart contact platforms, digital currencies, and digital payment clearing systems, is a technological innovation that is revolutionising industries and driving economic change on a global scale.
The recent dynamic penetration of blockchain technology across multiple sectors of the EU economy has created a vast number of new opportunities for business innovation and entrepreneurship.
According to the World Economic Forum, 10% of global economic transactions are expected to be stored with blockchain technology by 2027. The need for the up-skilling of ICT professionals, so to respond to the fast-growing needs of the digital labour market, has therefore also risen significantly.
BLISS “Blockchain skills for ICT professionals” project aims to improve the skills and competencies of ICT professionals by developing educational resources and materials to address existing occupational needs and mismatches and an innovative course on blockchain skills needs that will support the large scale open access and participation in training activities for ICT professionals.
Specifically, the BLISS strategic partnership aims to enrich VET provision for ICT professionals and strengthen key transversal competencies by:
- Designing a comprehensive and up-to-date training course in blockchain technology applications
- Introducing modern training delivery methods and innovative open-access pedagogical resources (VOOC infrastructures)
- Facilitating the integration of blockchain skills requirements into the EU certification and standardization schemes
BLISS brings together the following 6 partners from 6 different EU-countries:
- UNIVERSITE LYON 1 CLAUDE BERNARD – Coordinator (France)
- BUSINESS TRAINING SA (Belgium)
- AICA ASSOCIAZIONE ITALIANA PER L’INFORMATICA E IL CALCOLO AUTOMATICO (Italy)
- EXELIA E.E. (Greece)
- TARTU ULIKOOL (Estonia)
- TELESIG LTD (Bulgaria)
BLISS will produce high-quality Open Educational Resources (OERs) in order to enhance ICT uptake in education and training and promote easy and free access to VET provision, allowing for up-skilling and re-skilling of ICT professionals and other interested learners.
- ICT professionals in need of C-VET
- Student in need of I-VET
- VET providers and employers
- Sectoral stakeholders
- Other European learners
START DATE: 01-10-2017
END DATE: 31-03-2020
Project Reference: 2017-1-FR01-KA202-037259